Any Size Steel Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, http://anysizesteel.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information About Us
Our Site is owned and operated by Any Size Steel Ltd, a Limited company registered in England under company number 13564712.
Registered address: 84 Bilton Way, Enfield EN3 7NH.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- What Is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 11 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 12 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e., the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we hold. Please contact us using the details in Part 12 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e., prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if we are relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 12.
It is important that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to-date. If any of the personal data we hold about you changes, please keep us informed as long as we have that data.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would welcome the opportunity to resolve your concerns ourselves, however, so please contact us first, using the details in Part 12.
- What Data Do You Collect and How?
Depending upon your use of Our Site, wemay collect and hold some or all of the personal and non-personal data set out in the table below, using the methods also set out in the table. Wedo not collect any ‘special category’ or ‘sensitive’ personal data
|Data Collected||How We Collect the Data|
|Identity Information including name, title.||Our website and/or over the phone.|
|Contact information including address, email address, telephone number.||Our website and/or over the phone.|
|Business information including Business name.||Our website and/or over the phone.|
|Payment information including e.g. card details.||Our website and/or over the phone.|
|Profile information including e.g. preferences, interests, login details, purchase history.||Our website and/or over the phone.|
|Technical information including e.g. IP address, browser type and version.||Our website and/or over the phone.|
|Data from third parties including technical information, contact information, profile information.||Our website and/or over the phone.|
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
The information we gather is used for the following:
• To manage your account
• To process your orders and to provide you with quotations
• To keep you informed about the progress of any active transactions such as orders or quotes
• To provide you with documents such as proof of delivery, invoices and statements
• To contact you about your opinions on our products and services
• To notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services
• To keep you informed about the products and services we offer
• For record keeping purposes
This information you provide us is kept so as to be able to process your orders/requests or to send to you information on products and services for long as you are happy for us to do so.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, wemay also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email with information, news, and offers on our products. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. Wewill always work to fully protect your rights and comply with ourobligations under the Data Protection Legislation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
We will only use your personal data for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected unless we reasonably believe that another purpose is compatible with that or those original purpose(s) and need to use your personal data for that purpose. If we do use your personal data in this way and you wish us to explain how the new purpose is compatible with the original, please contact us using the details in Part 12.
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose that is unrelated to, or incompatible with, the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, we will inform you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
In some circumstances, where permitted or required by law, we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent. This will only be done within the bounds of the Data Protection Legislation and your legal rights.
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the Data Protection Legislation.
We will use specific approved contracts which ensure the same levels of personal data protection that apply under the Data Protection Legislation. For further information, please refer to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please contact us using the details below in Part 12 for further information about the particular data protection safeguards used by us when transferring your personal data to a third country.
The security of your personal data is essential to us, and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures, including the following:
- limiting access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties with a legitimate need to know and ensuring that they are subject to duties of confidentiality;
- procedures for dealing with data breaches (the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, your personal data) including notifying you and/or the Information Commissioner’s Office where we are legally required to do so;
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to the following exceptions.
We may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply certain products.
|Recipient||Activity Carried Out||Sector||Location|
|Couriers & Deliveries.||Delivery.||Haulage.||United Kingdom.|
If any of your personal data is shared with a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 8.
If any personal data is transferred outside of the UK, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the Data Protection Legislation, as explained above in Part 8.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
- Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to place an order on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 12.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: 020 8037 6232
Postal Address: 84 Bilton Was, Enfield EN3 7NH.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.